Here are some basic tips/tricks I’ve learned along the way as well as some of my favorite products to use in caring for my hair.
- Eat/drink clean: this was the biggest help in growing out my hair. I cut out all drinks except for water and really focused on upping my protein intake one summer, and my hair grew like a weed. I still focus on eating clean, and supplement my nutrition with a multivitamin and fish oil pill.
- Lay off the bleach: I know this sounds hypocritical given that, from the above picture, I clearly color my hair. However this was only my second time doing so. Hair dye, bleach in particular, can wreak havoc on your delicate strands. A low maintenance option that both your wallet and hair will thank you for is ombre or balayage.
- Don’t wash hair everyday: simply put, stripping the oils from your scalp everyday isn’t good for your hair. Make dry shampoo your best friend.
- Skip the heat – including the hair dryer: I know this sounds impossible, but blowdryers make hair frizzy as well as extremely prone to split ends. When transitioning to a no-heat routine, I wore my hair in lots of different braids and buns. This made me less insecure about my natural hair until I could find products that worked for me and enhanced my natural hair. I promise it’s worth it – and my hair became less crazy with time, reducing the need for hot tools in the first place!
Favorite hair care products
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo – ($42)
- Briogeo Blow Dry Perfection Heat Protectant Creme – ($24)
- IGK Prenup Instant Spray Hair Mask – ($32)
- Moroccanoil Treatment – ($34)
- Verb Ghost Oil – ($14)
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Rose Dry Shampoo – $28
- Pravana Perfect Blonde Conditioner – ($20)
- Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo – ($8.99)
- Living Proof PhD Shampoo – ($25)
Please let me know any questions you have as well as suggestions for future posts!
Until next time 🙂